More Embroidery








I was so inspired by the discovery of Renilde's embroidery that I went to my book shelves and pulled out one of my most treasured books to share with you. It is an old book of embroidery styles for lettering. Isn't the typography great and I love the black and blue color combination. 
I was so inspired in fact that I went to my local needle work shop today and purchased a great big handful of embroidery floss. The colors choices are so incredible...like candy! I had to stop myself from buying them all. I hope that I find time to stitch something soon while the impulse if fresh.

5 comments:

at swim-two-birds said...

the book looks great! But finding time for all the things you would like to do, what a luxury:)
i have the same problem.

Heather Frazier said...

Renilde this is the story of my life! A gazillion ideas and creative impulses but only so many hours in a day.

Design / Craft / Inspire said...

wow! hey heather, this is awesome. i'd love to see this book in person and start a few holiday projects. thanks for this find.

Fine Little Day said...

It sure is a great book. Good find!

Alicerose said...

This is so beautiful & Retro. I wonder if I can get this book from amazon?