Bubble Mobile and Olivia

This blog is about inspiration and the creative process.
And so....I dedicate this first post to my niece Olivia Frazier Atig because she is a source of true inspiration to me. I made my first mini mobile prototype for her when she was a tiny little thing struggling for her life. When I think of her I smile and I am reminded of the powerful life force that lives within us all and wants to survive and thrive. Olivia is the real deal....true beauty....
fabulous little person. 
This is a picture of her sitting in a giant mobile I made for the recent Bubble Trade Show in New York. The red rocking chair is a vintage find that was part of the installation. The mobile was a beast to put together. I was happy to have the opportunity to make this large scale mobile because I learned some new tricks. I like the challenge that a custom project with specifications and a deadline presents. It is a way of working that is a nice change of pace. I would like to do more custom projects and installations. 

2 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I just linked over from Decor8. I can't wait to see more!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Congratulations Heather! Your blog is off to an auspicious start with that amazing photo of your sweet little niece and that beautiful installation of yours. Can't wait to see more! Welcome!
xo
Melissa